GRIP: Gang Reduction through Informed Practice *Free Parent Session* - This event has already occurred
Tuesday, March 5, 2019 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
GRIP: Gang Reduction through Informed Practice. Keeping our Children Safe from Gangs.
Free Parent Session - For Parents of School-Aged Children
**webcast to rural communities--details at your local secondary school**
British Columbia’s gang landscape is vastly different from other jurisdictions, this is
why this presentation is so important. Children from all socio-economic backgrounds
can be vulnerable to gang recruitment and involvement. Youth are being recruited in
ways that our communities have never seen before. You will leave this presentation
with a greater understanding of what you can do to prevent your child from getting
involved in gang activity.
This FREE informative presentation which will cover the following topics and more!
• What is a youth gang?
• Understanding why youth are attracted to the gang lifestyle
• What does gang membership entail?
• Warning signs to look for
• What to do if you think your child is involved in gang related activity
• How to keep your children safe from youth gang involvement
Join us at the Henry Grube Education Centre on March 5th at 6:30pm